Friday, November 21, 2008

I'm home!


I'm here in Forsyth at my dad's house. He's doing as good as he should be doing, but it doesn't seem that good to me. I think I'm just used to my dad being that guy who can do anything. And he'll get back to that point! But right now, his right leg is all swollen and bruised and sore; he has a giant 6 inch slice in his chest (obviously sewed up now!); he's bruised on his arms from IVs and such; they even were putting medicines in through his intense is that?! Maybe that's normal in the medical world, but not in my world!

They actually let him come home yesterday afternoon (Thursday) which was very unexpected. They originally said he'd get to come home either Friday (today) or Saturday. The hospital gave him a little workout plan and he's up to taking about three 6 minute walks per day. Since it's cold outside now, he just shuffles through the house. :) Within the first six weeks he's supposed to be walking between 1 and 2 miles per day. Not all at once, but breaking it up into three walks a day, or however. So it's a pretty intense plan!

He had said it was hard to sleep at the hospital b/c of being poked and prodded, and especially because of all the noise in the halls and such. But first night back home was good...he said he only woke up 3 times last night and all 3 times were just to go to the bathroom.

Let's see...he actually has the most pain getting in and out of bed, because of changing his body position from upright to flat, or the other way around. Since all his chest muscles & sternum are healing it's like they get jostled around by laying down or standing up.

I'm going to post a picture of his battle wound when I get one. It was a lot bigger than I expected! I mean, I guess it makes sense...having to open you enough to work with your whole heart, but still...craziness!

And by the way, he was in bed by 7:45 tonight. Hehe

On Another Note...

The women's choir performance with Larnelle was pretty fun. It was awful because we had to be at school at 7:45 am, and we didn't even perform until 1pm! Larnelle was a pretty interesting character...kinda had some strange quirks. I don't really know how to describe it, but just kind of odd. I'm posting two new video clips from this concert.

Some Picture and stuff from before I started "blogging"and other recent stuff...

For my 23rd birthday, Andrew decided to have a surprise party for me, which was awesome b/c I have never had a surprise birthday party! My mom was totally in on the whole thing, too. Her job was to keep me busy and away from the house. We went to Park Meadows mall, which had just opened a huge Christmas store for the season, so of course we looked in there. (For anyone who doesn't know, I love Christmas!) As we were leaving the store, I said something along the lines of...Christmas on my birthday ever! When we left the mall, we met up with Andrew for supper, and I got a free dessert. :)

When we got home from supper, I walked in the door and all my friends around here were sitting in the living, which was decorated like Christmas, and they all sang a Christmas carol!
The first picture is waht I saw when I walked in, and the second picture is all of us. So I really did have Christmas on my birthday!

I don't know why my text is underlined now, and I don't know how to stop it...
For Halloween this year, Andrew and I decided to cheese it up and be Minnie and Mickey...The second picture is me with Hillary and Virginia

I guess the underlining stopped...Anyway, I just took this picture out our backdoor, it's just really pretty.