Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Bedtime Stories

Lately I haven't been able to fall asleep very easily. Big surprise, I know. But it's been worse than usual. So here's just a couple stories about bedtime these days...

Last night I got in bed and immediately felt awake. Fun, fun. Of course Andrew was already fast asleep. I tried waking him up...I don't remember what excuse I used, but he just mumbled some nonsense and fell back asleep.
I spent the next half hour singing songs to him to pretend like I had someone to talk to! The songs were things like..."I love you, baby, And if it's quite alright,I need you, baby..." along with some songs I made up, with lyrics like..."You are asleep, and I am not, but I want to be, I wish you would wake up."

Tonight Andrew fell asleep on the couch, at about 9:30! Anyway, I woke him up and said, "you're sleeping." He then said, well what I thought he said was, "No, I'm choking on fireflies." I cracked up!!! Come to find out, he actually just said something lame about "No, I'm checking for fireflies." I guess it's a saying his mom would say when she would fall asleep but she wouldn't admit to it.

Tonight I google searched "can't sleep" and came across this image:



It made me so happy to find it because my mom used to read me this book! And it in fact, just to think about it, made me feel sleepy ...for about 10 seconds. And now I've moved on to blogging, obviously.

That's all the bedtime stories I have right now.

On another note, I love mountain biking!

And now I will probably go start a new book.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

so cute - I've been a late-nighter lately too. if I didn't live in a 2 room apartment I would call, but I've tried talking on the phone late at night before and it almost cost me my marriage...anyways...hope you get to sleep easier tonight =)